In response to The Daily Post’s writing prompt: “Kick the Bucket.”
This year has been full of things I never thought i would experience, some good and some unspeakable without me grabbing a shirtsleeve to wipe my eyes. There are some simple things I don’t want to think about or have the knowledge of how they might have hurt others. So my anti-bucket list is an easy topic –
1. Giving up – I never want to be the type of person who gives up on someone when they are hurt. My support for a certain person is unending, even if she doesn’t realize that.
2. Dreamless sleep – Bring back my hopes, my fears. Dreams are important, both the ones when I’m awake as much as when I’m asleep.
3. My mother’s cry – too often this year I have had to deliver some news that hurt her deeply. Her granddaughter passing, a woman she loved deeply leaving. Avoiding that would be nice!
4. That look on my doctor’s face – I’m tired of having someone set some new limit on what I can do. I want to live life, not just watch it!
5. Feed The Children ads – because society and governments finally figured out that our money should be spent caring for people. No person should go to bed hungry!
6. Political books – written by people only seeking to soften their image. Get it right while you’re in office! Don’t complain about things later, how you wish things had been.
7. Hospital Beds – they are uncomfortable, too short for someone 6’4″ tall!
Realistically I just don’t want another year like 2014!
This particular song captures my feelings on this year! Love his voice.